Rob’s presentation topics include:
- The Rise of Black Alternative Culture
- Why culture matters
- How brands can stay abreast of contemporary culture
- Cultural leadership
Past Speaking Engagements
An excerpt from my 2010 SXSW panel where I interviewed punk band Death.
BoldasLIVE event series, September 2007. My thoughts on how to make progressive culture matter in the marketplace.
- National Black Arts Festival panel moderator (August 2009)
- Indiana University Conference on black rock (November 2009)
- CMJ Music Marathon panelist (October 2009)
- SXSW Music Conference panelist (March 2009)
In The Media
- On the legacy of Bo Diddley
- Commentary on BET’s “Hot Ghetto Mess”
- Blogger roundtable: Burying the N-Word
Arise Magazine article on Afro-Punk (Download Afro Punk_arise_interview):
“Afro-punk draws from the full spectrum of black music and music in general,” explains black rock evangelist and music marketer Rob Fields. “It’s a direct challenge to the simple notion that black music equals hip hop and/or R&B.”
Interview on Afronerd Radio
Interview on the Portland, Oregon KBOO-FM show “Guess Who’s Coming To Radio?”
CLICK HERE to contact me about speaking for your organization or event. I look forward to sharing my insights and perspective with your audience!