Rob’s presentation topics include:
- Why culture matters
- How marketers can stay abreast of contemporary culture
- The Rise of Black Alternative Culture
- Cultural leadership
Past Speaking Engagements
An excerpt from my 2010 SXSW panel where I interviewed punk band Death.
Launch of the BoldasLIVE event series in July 2007. Remarks on the cultural shift towards black rock, and why it’s manifesting now more than ever.
BoldasLIVE event series, September 2007. My thoughts on how to make progressive culture matter in the marketplace.
- National Black Arts Festival panel moderator (August 2009)
- Indiana University Conference on black rock (November 2009)
- CMJ Music Marathon panelist (October 2009)
- SXSW Music Conference panelist (March 2009)
In The Media
- On the legacy of Bo Diddley
- Commentary on BET’s “Hot Ghetto Mess”
- Blogger roundtable: Burying the N-Word
Arise Magazine article on Afro-Punk (Download Afro Punk_arise_interview):
“Afro-punk draws from the full spectrum of black music and music in general,” explains black rock evangelist and music marketer Rob Fields. “It’s a direct challenge to the simple notion that black music equals hip hop and/or R&B.”
Interview on Afronerd Radio
Interview on the Portland, Oregon KBOO-FM show “Guess Who’s Coming To Radio?”
CLICK HERE to contact me about speaking for your organization or event. I look forward to sharing my insights and perspective with your audience!